As a grandparent raising grandchildren, your family depends on you for your support. As rewarding as that is, sometimes it can be difficult. The Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program provides information and support services to help grandparents cope with their roles as caregivers.
What We Do
- Information about available community services and resources
- Assistance in gaining access to community resources
- Support groups, education, and counseling for grandparents raising grandchildren
- Respite care (temporary and intermittent relief) for the grandparent
- Supplemental Services to complement caregiver services (items such as Depends, emergency response system, medical equipment, etc.)
- Information about legal rights including visitation, guardianship, adoption, and formal caregiving relationships.