Information updated on 5/14/2021
Who is currently eligible
VCHD Clinics are open to those who are 18 and older for Moderna and Johnson and Johnson that live or work in the state of Illinois and open to those who are 12 and older for Pfizer ONLY who are Vermilion County Students 12-17. If someone cannot make the appointments online, they can call 217-431-2662 ext. 263 or 264 and someone will be able to assist them.
How to get vaccinated
POP-UP LOCATIONS: JOHNSON AND JOHNSON Single Dose Clinics Only.
Salvation Army – MODERNA CLINIC
Date: Friday, May 28th (2nd dose)
Address: 855 E. Fairchild St. Danville, IL
No Registration Required – Walk ins Welcome. Please do not come later than 3:45pm
Vermilion County Health Department – Johnson and Johnson single dose clinics
Address: 200 S. College St. Suite A
Link to Register: https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/9b9405c5-5c7f-49a7-aba2-11b351450f7c/?year=2021&month=4
Vermilion County Health Department: MODERNA CLINICS
https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/c8c3a600-204e-467c-9fcb-345bedba0012 (Voucher Code – VCHD200)
May 14th, 2021 – 9a-2p MODERNA (2nd dose ONLY – specifically for those who received their 1st vaccine dose at DACC or the Vermilion Regional Airport, or other 1st dose Moderna Clinics, walk-ins welcome no later than 12:30p))
May 15th, 2021 – 9a-12p MODERNA (2nd dose ONLY – specifically for those who received their 1st vaccine dose at DACC or the Vermilion Regional Airport or other 1st dose Moderna Clinics, walk-ins welcome no later than 10:30a)
May 20th, 2021 – 4:30p – 7:30p MODERNA (2nd dose ONLY – specifically for those who received their 1st vaccine dose at DACC or the Vermilion Regional Airport or other 1st dose Moderna Clinics, walk-ins welcome no later than 6:00p)
PLEASE, if you have an appointment, please DO NOT come more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
Pfizer Vaccine Clinics for 12-17 year old VERMILION COUNTY STUDENTS ONLY – REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The FDA and ACIP have approved Pfizer Vaccine for individuals 12 years old and up. We are asking that you register your child so that we know how much vaccine to have on hand. We will allow some walk-ins, but that will be dependent on supply. Walk-ins should come no later than 30 minutes before the end of the clinic. If you do not register, we cannot guarantee a vaccination at this time. You will be able to register online or you can call 217-431-2662 ext. 263 or 264. NOTE: Do not call the schools to register as registration will be through the health department.
We will be having clinics at the following locations on the following dates: PLEASE READ THE BELOW QUESTIONS BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR YOUR VACCINE TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN GET A VACCINE. You will be asked screening questions prior to receiving your vaccine and if you answer yes to some of the questions, you may need to wait to receive your vaccine. Please read the Pfizer fact sheet.
NOTE: Children must have a parent/guardian with them to sign the consent form. Please only have 1 parent/guardian come to the clinic and only the children who will be receiving the vaccine to help with social distancing and flow. You must wear a mask.
Hoopeston High School
May 18th, 2021 (1st Dose)
June 8th, 2021 (2nd Dose)
615 e. Orange St. Hoopeston, IL
Link for Registration: https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/26b53284-9bf1-41a5-9686-235f92ad4f17
Georgetown High School
May 19th, 2021 (1st dose)
June 9th, 2021 (2nd dose)
500 W. Mulberry St. Georgetown, IL
Link for Registration: https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/58b97e51-c0b0-4d88-84aa-ccdfacac6e12/
Salt Fork Junior High
May 21st, 2021 (1st dose)
June 11th, 2021 (2nd dose)
7087 N. 600 East. Rd. Sidell, IL
Link for Registration: https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/72b63b7d-26ff-4798-b036-d1b72e299687/
Mark Denman Elementary
May 22nd, 2021 (1st dose)
June 12th, 2021 (2nd dose)
930 Colfax Street, Danville, IL
Link for Registration https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/712594df-05af-4128-8257-c6f1d4b03bb1/
The information below is for all sites. You will be asked to remain in an observation area for 15-30 minutes post vaccination*.
1. Please wear short sleeves. This will make it easier and quicker for people to get through the vaccine station.
2. If this is your 2nd dose, bring your vaccine card back with you.
3. If you answer “Yes” to being pregnant or breastfeeding , you must have a doctor’s note saying you can receive the vaccine.
4. *If you answer “Yes” to having a history of allergic reactions, taking blood thinners, or autoimmune system, you may be asked to remain in observation for 30 minutes.
5. If you answer “Yes” to having received passive antibody therapy as treatment for COVID-19, you will need to WAIT 90 days after initial infection before getting your vaccine.
6. If you answer “Yes” to having a vaccine in the last 14 days, you must wait 14 days after your last vaccine to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
7. If you are currently in isolation due to a current infection with COVID-19, you CANNOT receive the vaccine at this time.
8. If you have a fever or are currently ill, you CANNOT receive the vaccine.
9. If you recently received your 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you cannot get your second dose until 28 days after your 1st dose.
10. If you received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for your first dose, the only vaccine we are administering at this point is Moderna and you will NOT be able to get your second dose here.
11. If you have had COVID19 in the last 90 days, Vaccination can be offered, but could also be delayed 90 days if desired.
• Moderna Covid 19 Consent Form (access the form here: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Moderna-Covid-19-Consent-Form-ABC-with-race-and-ethnicity.pdf) – UPDATED VERSION 2/8/21
• Moderna Pre-Vaccination-Screening-Form (this has the screening questions and information about each question) – page 2 is blank for printing purposes. Here: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Moderna-pre-vaccination-screening-form.pdf
Other Locations you can receive a vaccine:
• Carle in Hoopeston and at the Village Mall: Please visit their website for more information: (https://carle.org/home/covid-19-resources/covid-19-vaccine-information/county-information ), Carle is moving their clinics to their Fairchild location after this Friday. Clinics will also still be available at Carle Hoopeston as well.
• OSF: Please visit their website for more information: (https://www.osfhealthcare.org/covid19/vaccine/)
• Aunt Martha’s (https://www.auntmarthas.org/covid19resourcecenter/) At Aunt Martha’s, they are running the vaccine clinic on Fridays and have open slots for this week. Please email email@example.com for appointment request.
• VA: www.danville.va.gov
• CVS in Hoopeston has Pfizer and can vaccinate 16+: www.cvs.com
• Walgreens in Danville has Pfizer and can vaccinate 16+: www.walgreens.com
• Meijer: https://clinic.meijer.com/
• Walmart: Walmart.com/COVIDvaccine