Adult Protective Services Investigator/Caseworker
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation with current vehicle insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a working knowledge of the judicial system to include the requirements and process of Orders of Protections and Guardianships
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Type a minimum of 40wpm with a familiarity with Excel and Microsoft office
- Become AIRs A/D certified when CRIS offers testing.
- Have the ability to assess needs through nonverbal means, such as environment, body language and appearance.
- Assess situations to provide protections to the alleged victim/victim by implementing Early Intervention Services to meet the immediate needs in the areas of housing, medical, food, utilities, etc. to ensure the abuse has been decreased and/or alleviated.
- Use investigative skills and techniques to assess the needs of the victim and abuser to change/eliminate the abusive situation during case work and follow up periods.
- Refer abusive situations in which the victim needs the court system, law enforcement or removal from a dangerous situation.
- Complete accurate and relevant paperwork that supports the decisions made.
- Meet all training requirements that are outlined by IDOA Standards as well as the CRIS proposal
- For the Adult Protective Services Grant. Complete monthly and quarterly reports as stipulated in grant requirements and requested by the Director of Outreach Services.
If you are interested, please contact:
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center
309 N Franklin St, Danville, Illinois 61832
Senior Information Coach
Are you an enthusiastic person that enjoys working with the senior population and adults with disabilities? CRIS Healthy-Aging Center is hiring a full time Senior Information Coach for Champaign County.
- Initial contact for clients to assess their needs
- Making referrals for services
- Answer and process requests for information regarding services for the older populations, age 60 and over as well as individuals, age 18-59 that have a disability.
- Organize and prioritize caseload to meet required standards of the Older American’s Act and standards placed by ECIAAA
- Provide in-house, site and outreach activities including the completion of forms and follow-up on Social Security, Insurance, Circuit Breaker, Energy Assistance, Tax relief, action plan if applicable and ongoing assessment of client needs.
- Complete case notes and documentation on all clients.
- Experience in Social Work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with insurance
If you have the above requirements, we want to talk to you. Your work schedule will be Monday – Friday with occasional weekend availability. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging 309 N Franklin St, Danville, IL 61832 or email AprilB@agestrong.org EOE
For a printable CRIS Healthy Aging Center Application: CLICK HERE
All candidates for a position with CRIS Healthy-Aging must undergo a criminal background check and a drug screening test to be considered for employment. CRIS Healthy-Aging Center and CRIS Rural Mass Transit are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N Franklin St, Danville, IL 61832 or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org