Communications Associate – Vermilion County
Position Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Regional Operations
The Communications Associate will be responsible for coordinating various types of communications within CRIS Healthy-Aging Center. The Communications Associate works with all agency departments in creating and delivering promotional materials for emails, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, and other publications or events. The position also works with various departments to achieve deadlines in preparing press releases, PowerPoint presentations and other public communications.
Bachelor’s degree and writing experience preferred ability to work with diverse populations, effective communication skills, data analysis and Microsoft applications is essential. Ability to handle multiple writing and project assignments is necessary. Attendance at various committee meetings is expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Communications Associate will include, but not be limited to the following duties:
- Assist in creating company literature and other forms of communication
- Assist in creating marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Work with departments for useable ad submissions
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications, as requested
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns
- Recommend, implement and maintain website design and operation
- Plan and develop educational courses and materials for agency departments
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives
- Create and deliver press releases, corporate newsletter content and social media content
- Conduct extensive media outreach
- Prepare briefing materials
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of CEO and other staff
- Coordinate conferences and trade shows
- Media relations regarding facility/services weather-related notifications
- Assist in follow-up of after-hours alarm calls
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent experience in business, journalism, related field such as communications, public relations or marketing
- Excellent verbal and written skills are mandatory, as well as organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-motivated and disciplined
- Marketing experience is highly desirable but not required
- Current knowledge and experience working with social media
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, (experience with the Adobe Creative Suite or other similar application(s) preferred)
- Current/valid driver’s license
Adult Protective Services Investigator/Caseworker – Vermilion County
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center is seeking an Investigator/Caseworker for our Adult Protective Services Department. The caseworker will investigate allegations of elder abuse / neglect / exploitation in Vermilion County.
The ideal candidate has a deep sense of justice, gets a great deal of satisfaction from helping people, and can empathize with people who are victims of abuse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Investigation: In this position, caseworker will perform elder abuse investigations under Adult Protective Services statutes. APS statutes cover adults 60+ as well as adults 18+ with disabilities.
• Casework: Work with the alleged victim to identify safety concerns and resources available to deal with the abuse.
• Documentation: Complete casework in a timely manner.
• Home visits: Visit clients in their homes for investigation and follow-up.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Prefer a master’s degree with at least 1 year experience or minimum bachelor’s degree with at least ten years of experience required in social work or related field.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance.
• Knowledge of Vermilion County community services and resources.
The rate of pay is $19.50/hour. Benefits include earning 17 vacation days and 6 sick days per year. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N. Franklin, Danville, IL 61832. EOE
Job Title – Bachelor Level Case Manager
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center
Bachelor Level Case Manager
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center is seeking a Case Manager. Must be driven, caring, and empathetic.
- Provides the appropriate on-site/in-home assessments to determine the needs of the client.
- Develops a care plan for each client and arranges in-home services, adult day care services and other services needed to maintain client support.
- Provides program information to the client/family and acts as an advocate for the client.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required preferably Social Work or related field or LPN with 1 year case management experience
- Self-Starter & Organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with vehicle insurance
Training will be provided.
The rate of pay is $16.50/hour. The hours are Monday through Friday ranging between 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. As a full time employee, you will earn 17 vacation days, 6 sick days and receive 14 paid holidays per year. Must be able to pass background check and drug screen. Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to CRIS Healthy–Aging Center, 309 N. Franklin, Danville, IL 61832. EOE
Job Title – CCU Case Aide
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center
Are you interested in the rapidly-expanding aging services field? Do you have a burning desire to help others? Are you known for going above and beyond to help people in your professional and personal life? We’ve been looking for you!
Your role is assist clients with their needs, provide support to case managers, maintain case files, take initial intake interviews to determine a client’s needs, and provide wellness calls. CCU Case Aides are client advocates that form ongoing, collaborative relationships with clients and local community service providers to help improve a person’s lifestyle for the better.
You will spend a majority of your time speaking with and connecting to clients within the home setting to gain a more comprehensive understanding of their needs and concerns and coordination fundamental services and resources needed for clients to be successful in reaching their highest level of functioning.
What does it take to be a successful CCU Case Aid?
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, and cultural competency towards older adults
- Provide excellent service and care
- Be detail oriented, organized, accurate and flexible
- Able to multi task
- Success oriented and goal driven
- A passion for helping others
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- A desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Previous experience in customer service or social service setting
- Competency in typing and data entry
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Full-time benefits include 17 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 14 holidays. You must successfully pass a background check, complete mandatory IDOA training programs, and be able to physically perform all duties assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
For a printable CRIS Healthy Aging Center Application: CLICK HERE
All candidates for a position with CRIS Healthy-Aging must undergo a criminal background check and a drug screening test to be considered for employment. CRIS Healthy-Aging Center and CRIS Rural Mass Transit are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N Franklin St, Danville, IL 61832 or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org