Community Care Unit Case Manager
CRIS Healthy-Aging is looking for an individual with an interest in working with older adults through Social Services to join our team as a Case Manager. Case Managers in the Community Care Unit are client advocates that form ongoing, collaborative relationships with clients and local community service providers to help improve a person’s lifestyle for the better.
• Provide Case Management services as designated in the Illinois Department on Aging – Case Management Manual for person’s age 60 and older.
• Make appropriate referrals to other agencies when necessary.
• Provide program information to the client/family and acts as an advocate for the client.
• Monitor clients and provides follow-up services.
• Maintain program records as outlined by the Illinois Department on Aging, East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging, and the Vermilion County Health Department.
• Support and assist clients by developing an individualized care plan with goals to obtain the resources needed to improve upon the physical, social, and financial wellbeing of seniors.
• Care Coordination Case Managers take time to connect and work with clients to establish a more comprehensive understanding for their needs and concerns.
• Recognize and respect the confidentiality of all clients and records.
• Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, and cultural competency toward older adults.
• Maintain a level of work that is detail-oriented, organized, and accurate.
• Commitment to a positive team environment with goal driven individuals.
• Requires the ability to respect and adapt to a diverse variety of care solutions for clients.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human/Social Services, Social Work, or Gerontology related field, RN/BSN or LPN with program experience.
Successful Candidate will also have:
• A passion for helping others, a desire to learn, and a positive attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to function well as a part of a team.
• Computer experience including timely and accurate data entry skills.
• Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation and insurance.
Benefits as a Full-time employee:
• Accumulation of 10 vacation days in 12 months.
• 6 sick days earned on a monthly accrual system.
• 14 paid holidays per year.
• Individual Retirement Account with matching contributions.
Work Hours will vary from 7:30AM – 4:30PM Monday – Friday.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Click to download a PDF that you can edit, download, and email back to us. Please send all completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be mailed to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N Franklin St, Danville, IL 61832.