STAR-C – Coach
A new consultation service to help caregivers of older adults with dementia with behavioral challenges
The STAR-C program was designed to help family caregivers who are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia. The program was clinically tested and proven to lower depression in caregivers and decrease problem behaviors in the person with dementia. This might be behaviors such as repeated questions, resistance to care, wandering, or being up at night.
This program is ideal for caregivers who want to keep their loved one at home for as long as they can. We are excited to be able to offer this program at no cost to the caregiver or their loved one!
Are you interested in becoming a STAR-C Coach?
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with cognitively impaired adults and their caregivers
- Successful applicant will be trained to deliver a manualized evidence-based treatment.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to pass background check
- This position includes vacation, sick pay and paid holidays for full time employees.
- Contact with caregivers will be via remote technology until COVID restrictions are lifted.
Part and Full time positions available in our Danville and Urbana offices.
If you’re interested, and willing to provide this service, please contact
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 217.443.2999
Case Manager – Bridge Care Transition Coach –
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center is seeking a Care Transition Coach for our Bridge Care Transition Program. The coach will provide case management services to patients discharged from an area hospital. Must be driven, caring, and empathetic.
- Work with the hospital case management to identify patients who are at high risk of being readmitted and serve as a liaison for patients as they transition from hospital to home. The Coach does not provide direct patient care or treatment.
- Assist with developing a personal health record, making/keeping doctor appointments, managing medications and identifying community resources.
- Home visits, data collection and follow up are essential duties. (Currently COVID-19 has limited direct patient contact).
- Commitment to the Coaching Model – Empowering the client rather than doing for them
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree required in Social Work or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation with vehicle insurance
- Knowledge of Champaign County community services needed.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and have ability to assess needs through nonverbal means, such as environment, body language, and appearance.
- Must pass background check and pass CRIS TB test within one month of employment
Benefits include 10 vacation days, 6 sick days and receive 14 paid holidays per year.
Please send resume to: Kims@agestrong.org or mail to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 309 N. Franklin, Danville, IL 61832. EOE
For a printable CRIS Healthy Aging Center Application: CLICK HERE
All candidates for a position with CRIS Healthy-Aging must undergo a criminal background check and a drug screening test to be considered for employment. CRIS Healthy-Aging Center and CRIS Rural Mass Transit are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 1606 Willow View Road, Suite 1E, Champaign, IL 61802 or submit resume to email@example.com