Social Isolation Project Manager & Social Media Specialist
Social Isolation Project Manager Job Description (appx 3/4 time):
The Social Isolation project for older adults was designed in partnership with the U of I Human Factors and Aging Laboratory / CHART to focus on using smart technology, such as Amazon Echo, to increase social connectedness, individual autonomy, and happiness to reduce social isolation and loneliness and improve the lives of older adults.
The project manager will oversee the project, including the following responsibilities:
• Manage communication with the senior housing complexes in Champaign and Vermilion counties
• Provide staff for training on Amazon Echo device capabilities
• Develop process and vehicle for capturing participant information
• Distribute Amazon Echo devices to participants
• Administer follow-up contact with participants to collect pre and post data
• De-identify and share participant data with CHART (with participant consent)
• Provide UCLA Loneliness Scale (including a pre-assessment and post assessment for comparison)
Social Media Specialist Job Description (appx 1/4 time):
The social media specialist will assist the Director of Communication with creating and implementing the marketing plan and executing on tactical communications and advertising, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Manage the creation and collection of all marketing and advertising materials
• Manage social media sites and their continuous messaging
• Monitor and foster communication through social media sites
• Maintain and promote calendar of events
• Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices
• Some college in related field
• Demonstrated familiarity with video/voice-assisted technology
• Experience working with older adults and technology
• Experience in using social media as a marketing platform
• Access to reliable transportation
• Ability to pass background check
You must successfully pass a background check and all occupational health employment physical requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours/week
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hour
If you are interested, please contact:
CRIS Healthy-Aging Center
1606 Willow View Rd, Ste 1E
Urbana, IL 61802
Caregiver Advisor – Champaign County
The Caregiver Advisor (CGA) serves as a primary resource for both those in the Champaign County who act as caregivers for someone 60+ (or an adult 18+ with a disability) and for those who are 55+ who are actively raising a grandchild. The CGA is always looking for new information, tips, timesavers, and opportunities within the community to aid caregivers and grandparents raising grandchildren in their roles.
Skills, Competencies, & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and current vehicle insurance
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a social work-related field –OR– the equivalent experience in a social service-related field
- Must have basic computing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must agree to become AIRs A/D certified when CRIS offers testing
- Must agree to undergo Options Counseling training
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Assess needs of each client and meet relevant needs. Refer Clients to appropriate services and/or agencies within Champaign County to meet their needs.
- To advocate on behalf of the client providing support and services based on the client’s preferences as outlined in their Care Plan and/or documented goals.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize caseload to meet required standards of the Older American’s Act, the CRIS grant proposal, and standards placed by ECIAAA.
- Conduct a caregiver/grandparent support group that meets monthly.
If you have the above requirements, we want to talk to you. Your work schedule will be Monday – Friday with occasional weekend availability. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging 1606 Willow View Road, Suite 1E, Urbana, IL 61802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
Senior Information Coach
Are you an enthusiastic person that enjoys working with the senior population and adults with disabilities? CRIS Healthy-Aging Center is hiring a full time Senior Information Coach for Champaign County.
- Initial contact for clients to assess their needs
- Making referrals for services
- Answer and process requests for information regarding services for the older populations, age 60 and over as well as individuals, age 18-59 that have a disability.
- Organize and prioritize caseload to meet required standards of the Older American’s Act and standards placed by ECIAAA
- Provide in-house, site and outreach activities including the completion of forms and follow-up on Social Security, Insurance, Circuit Breaker, Energy Assistance, Tax relief, action plan if applicable and ongoing assessment of client needs.
- Complete case notes and documentation on all clients.
- Experience in Social Work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with insurance
If you have the above requirements, we want to talk to you. Benefits include earning 17 vacation and 6 sick paid days per year as well as 13 paid holidays. Salary will commensurate with experience. Your work schedule will be Monday – Friday with occasional weekend availability. Send resume’ to CRIS Healthy-Aging 1606 Willow View Road, Suite 1E, Urbana, IL 61802 or email email@example.com EOE
For a printable CRIS Healthy Aging Center Application: CLICK HERE
All candidates for a position with CRIS Healthy-Aging must undergo a criminal background check and a drug screening test to be considered for employment. CRIS Healthy-Aging Center and CRIS Rural Mass Transit are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to CRIS Healthy-Aging Center, 1606 Willow View Road, Suite 1E, Champaign, IL 61802 or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org