CRIS Healthy-Aging Center has partnered with local hospitals in Champaign and Vermilion County to assist qualified individuals in the transition from hospital to home. This program is provided at no cost to the participant.
What We Do
A Bridge Care Transition Coach will assist with developing a personal health record, making/keeping doctor’s appointments, managing medication and identifying additional community resources. Our mission is to help our area residents live a stronger, healthier life by reducing readmissions and increasing access to resources.
1. To improve the transition of clients from the inpatient hospital setting to other care settings.
2. To maintain or improve quality of care
3. To reduce readmissions for high-risk beneficiaries
4. To document measurable savings to the Medicare program
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Atrial fibrillation (Afib)
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Diabetes (DM)
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Stroke (CVA/TIA)
- Hypertension (HTN)
- Heart attacks (MI/AMI/NSTEMI/STEMI)
- Major joint replacements (e.g., hips, knees)